At least twice a month I receive calls from homeowners who are in the middle of the modification process with their mortgage company and they get notice of a foreclosure. Over and over they had been told the modification was still being reviewed. In some cases they were told they’d been approved. But all of a sudden they find their home is being advertised in the newspaper and a sale date is set at the courthouse. Mortgage companies review loans for modification and try to foreclosure at the same time. This is known as “dual tracking”. They don’t stop the foreclosure process when a mortgage is considered for a modification. If you are in the modification process with your mortgage company you can never assume that it will be approved or they won’t foreclose. The foreclosure process in Mississippi is quick, so you can’t trust anything they tell you over the phone. If you become aware your home is in foreclosure, contact our office immediately. We can stop the foreclosure sale through filing a Chapter 13 bankruptcy and you can still follow-up with a modification, if needed. You never want to be in a position of trying to get your home back after the foreclosure. Better to be safe than sorry and stop the foreclosure before it happens.
- Must I be current on my house to file chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Must I be current on my car to file chapter 7 bankruptcy?
- Does A Criminal Record Stop Me From Filing Bankruptcy?
- Can I Walk Away From My Rental Property?
- Will I Owe Taxes On My Debts After Filing Bankruptcy?
- Can I File My Own Bankruptcy?
- 8 Things To Think About Before You File Bankruptcy
- Your Bank is Not One of the Family or a Friend
- Mortgage Debt Relief Act is Extended
- Get a free credit report once every 12 months.
- Can mortgage company foreclose while reviewing for modification?
- How is the value of what I own determined in bankruptcy?
- If I file bankruptcy, will I lose everything?
- Can I get my Chapter 13 Plan payments lowered?
- How many times can you file bankruptcy?
- Do I have to report my spouse’s income if I’m filing alone?
- Does my spouse have to file bankrutpcy with me?
- Fox 40 AM Show – Garnishment Laws in Mississippi
- Mississippi Garnishment Law
- Bankruptcy and Mortgage Classes at Millsaps in October 2012
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31